Monday, February 14, 2011

Jour de L'amour

(Day of Love)
For some reason Valentine's Day is not covered in the first four lessons.

So my frenching is currently slowing down in momentum this semaine (week).  I am in tech for una piéce de théatre.   For those of you not familiar with tech.  It is the technical week in preparing a play in which all the technical elements of a show come together right before openning.  Lis (read)  in long hours stuck in a theatre living through your own ground hog jour (day).  These are a valuable part of the process unless you have all of your tech stuff done.  So despite not having anything to do I still need to be there and it is a bit bad manners to pop out the headset and start rattling off french.

Not all was lost.  This weekend I launched into the second prong of my french attack plan, Mastering the Art of French Cooking.   And I successfully mastered the art of cooking frech chocolat mousse.  I felt frencher with ever tasty bit.  Again tu (you) might ask how cuisson (cooking) helps, not sure but it sure gout bon (taste good).  Anyone who saw Julie & Julia or read the Julie/ Julia Project,  I understood Julie's cussing and temper tantrums so much more after cooking a few of these recipes.  At one point I was wisked ingredients over a pan of simmering water o the stove for 4 minutes and then wisked the same ingredients over a basin of ice water for 4 minutes and could not begin to tell you why.

Back to the present.  I hope I can find a break in my day tomorrow to get to the supérmarché for some du café or I will be one sad fille (girl) the next matin (morning).  This is why we say stupid tech.

Other helpful things I learned today:

Carte de crédit ( credit card).
And tu (you) guessed it, one more delicious step towards that petit déjeuner (breakfast) crissant.

Tonight's Picture:
This one is for my sister's boyfriend:
Les pommes vertes sont sur la table.

Pervious Picture:
My husband and I on the mountain.

The picture was taken at Hanging Rock, we finally went on a hike there after intending to for the last year.

1 comment: