Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fatigué Jeudi

(Tired Thursday)

Some nights I really enjoy my Rosetta Stone and other nights my sessions feels like two hours on the step mill with the television locked on Fox News, exhausted and frustrated.  But we trudge on.  Not a completely lost night, I did learn on very helpful phrase une piéce de théatre. (The "a" has one of those pointy hats on it but I have no idea how to make my keyboard do that, please help).  So if you are one that thought the british " theatre" spelling was pertinacious, I am sure all the accents really seems unnecessary.  I find it a major plus to know how to refer to my occupation.  Hopefully "costumes" and "designer" will be in tomorrow's lesson.

Other helpful things:

Combien coutent? - how much money.

Which I will hopefully turn into:" Combien coutent est la crissant?"  Which I will turn into buttery, flaky goodness in my belly.

Tonight's Picture:
Mon mari et moi sur la montagne.

Pervious Picture:
The dog is on the bed. 

I don't know the word for furry yet, once I do I will be sure to add that.

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing Rosetta for Italian! I wish we were doing the same language so we could have e-chats. Je parle seul un peu de francais.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, it is not enough to know how to ask, "Where is the bathroom?" You must learn to understand the answer or you will have to find a bush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine- Yes how did you do that?

    ReplyDelete