Saturday, June 30, 2012

Musées et bien plus encore

(Museuming and so much more)


Breakfast of Champions ... French Champions

Thursday we finally got to the Rodin Museum, the museum was nice but what was really cool is the garden that has all the large and well known pieces.  You can buy a pass to the garden for a euro so I will try to remember that.



 

I sketched one of the statues outside while Daniel watching the kids throw themselves into the hedges, so easy to entertain.


Daniel also noticing a striking resemblance of some of the statues to "Single Ladies" choreography.


For an added bonus we watched the tail end of the French Communist Party March.  What they were marching about I do not know, but who doesn't love a parade.

Since one museum is just not enough, I went to the Louvre Friday afternoon to sketch.  This was my very first alone outing. I handled it pretty well considering I got my tickets from an machine, you know baby steps.  

I always enjoy sketching in museums and it was nice not worrying if Daniel was getting bored.  After a few false starts I found a nice spot on the floor and camped out with this pretty lady. 


It is amusing sketching in a museum some people try to nonchalantly peek at your pad while others blatantly just stare.  I had one guy sit down next to me and try to start a conversation, in french...I think.  I turned to him and politely said "I am sorry, I speak a little French" looked at him and when he didn't launch into English I gave a little shrug and when back to my drawing.  In hind sight I should have said "I speak no French".  I felt a little bad this is the second time someone has tried to start a conversation with me while I was sketching.  

Daniel and I had dinner and then he joined me back at the Louvre for the late night hours.  This is best time to go the crowds are thinned out we are trying to see the whole museum before the end of the summer.  I will let you know how it works out.  When we came out at the end of the night the carnival in the Tulleries was lite up including the Farris Wheel which we decided would be fun despite the exorbitant charge.



View from the Top.


Sacré Coeur over the city.


And Us


We toured through the carnival before we headed out for the night.  Not a bad little fair : cotton candy, flume ride, oh and shoot your prize down game.  That is right there is a Ipad hanging from a string and you shoot at it with an air rifle, love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment