Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Un An

(One Year)

A couple of nuits (nights) ago over cafe (coffee) in what has already become our neighborhood coffee shop, Daniel et je (and I) started planning notre (our) trip to Paris.  Well more we started planning planning notre trip to Paris.  It is exciting but a bit daunting.

Side note:
My quiet aire de travail (work space) at the coffee shop has been overrun with peites enfants (little kids) alright so maybe there are only trois (three) but je find it trois un trop grand nombre (three too many). How quickly suis devenu vieux (I have become old) and crotchety.  Have je mentioned they are clogging up the salle de bains (bathroom) when je suis dans le besoin (I am in need).

Aujourd'hui je (Today I) learned tense, future and past.  This was a peite (little) encouraging as the program has advanced enough I am no longer parroting vocabularity but working on more complex thoughts. I am also trying to use plus français (more french) in casual conversation, and am pleasantly suprised by how often je can make a complete thought entirely in français. Though je think ils (they) would still turn me away from enrolling in kindergraten as under developed.

While the program is much more focused on creating complete sentences there is always new vocabulary in each section. Aujourd'hui, j'ai appris aujourd'hui (today, I learned today), I just wrote that sentence to make me laugh. I also learned dictionnaire, "Oui est le dictionnaire?" (Where is the dictionnaire?) Which I thought was silly, "Oui est le contrôle de charme?" ("Where is the spell check?") Seems much more helpful dans ces jour et âge (in this day and age).

I have mentioned a few times how learning a foreign language really makes tu (you) think about ton (your) own language. As I was reciting my new words enveloppe et email (envelope and email) it makes it kind of obvious quand (when) some words came in to being.  Sure email is a concept that occurred when globalization was well underway and it makes since that most romantic based languages will use the same word for it, but how about envelope.  Are the words just taken from one another or did this become a common word while the world was growing smaller?  I know all a bit off track for me.

Je will wrap up this post before it becomes any plus (more) random et stream of conscious like.

Tonight's picture:

Il fait chaud et il fait de soleil a le port.

Plus photos de (from) Norwalk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment