Monday, January 16, 2012

Le Cinéma Français

(The French Cinema)

Ma maman (my mom) has been très (very) supportive on my pursuit to learn français, as elle a (she has) of most choses dans ma vie (things in my life).  In fact it probably kills her that elle ne peut pas (she can not) spell and grammer check these posts as elle a (she has), wether asked or not, anything j'ai (I have) put out in the world.  Une des choses qu'elle a faites pour aider (one of the things she has done to help) is give me movies in français, either a movie je sais (I know) that has a français option or an actually français movie.  

Then elle (she) will ask moi si je les ai regard observés (me if I have watched them).  Well Mom, je (I) watched "UP" la nuit dernière (last night).  I believe this was an Pâques (Easter) or Valentine's Day present from ma maman (my mom).  "Up" holds a special place in mon coeur (my heart), Daniel et je (and I) went to see it on notre deuxième anniversaire (on our second anniversary) et j'ai pleuré (I cried) at the end of the love story comme une fille (like a girl).

So la nuit dernière j'ai pleuré comme une fille (so last night I cried like a girl) again.  Though that might be where the similarities terminer (ended).   I caught extremely peite de la français (little of the french).  Je certainly enjoyed the movie, but honestly j'ai lu l'anglais (I read the english) subtitles a lot.  It was not a complete lost, certains mots (some words) were understood, there may have even been una phrase au deux ( a sentence or two) that made it though mon (my) clumsy oreille (ear).  Daniel summed up the whole experience quite well "It was so rapide (fast)".  This was meant as mots de confort (words of comfort) mais je ne regarde pas (but I did not see) them as such.

Moi: Everyone is going to parlent (speak) that fast.
Daniel: Non, ils vant savoir que tu n'êtes pas (No,they will know you are not ) a (lots of hopping around to avoid saying) "good" french speaker et ills vont parler lentement pour tu (and they will speak slowly to you).

J'ai (I had) flashes of sales clerks taking 10 seconds to say each mot (word) at deafening levels at me, like ever bad "American speaks to foreigner" scene in a movie and did not feel better.

Guess I will be playing the DVD a few more times.

Tonight's Picture:

La maison de l'homme flotte vers la haut dans le ciel.

Pervious Picture:
A little grey kitten visited our house one night.



No comments:

Post a Comment