Monday, February 13, 2012

Horizons en expansion

Expanding Horizons

Je (I) continue to roll right along with my Rosetta Stoning, most recently les continents et d'océans (the continents and the oceans) j'ai (I have) tried to expand my exposure to français especially parlé (spoken).  I figure si je ne peux pas comprendre ce que les gens disent á moi ( if I can not understand what people are saying to me) all le lit, éscriter, et parler (reading, writing, and speaking) skills are not going to do me any good.  Je picked up several "Learn Français dans la Voiture" (Learn French in the Car) around the start of last semester, which was tres (very) handy as un de mes travaux (one of my jobs) required un de deux heures (two hour) drive trois fois par semaine (three times a week).  One of the tape sets was acctually fairly useful for learning français dans la voiture (french in the car) the other one was not as effective for learning nouvelles choses (new things).  But my orngial idea was to help enforce my current vocabularity so I could recgonized les mots (the words) when they were not in the same sentences I had heard cents de périodes (hundreds of times before) in Rosetta Stone.

Unfortunatly not a lot of french stations on la radio (same word in french) around here, so back to more creative ways of hearing french.  I optined for another Disney movie dubbed in français while l'anglais (the english) subtitled roll au bas (as the bottom).  J étais triste (I was sad) to realize mon nouvelle (my new) favorite Disney movie " La Princesse et la Grenouille" ("The Princess and the Frog) did not have a french audio option. Ills (they) set it in New Orleans, which I believe still has a tres fort (very strong) french influence, what sense does that make?  I find when other movies disappoint me, I can always reach for mon vieux (my old) faithful stand by "Robin de Bois"  (Robin Hood, literally translated Robin of Woods).

Mon favorite movie since before je can remember has always been there for me, et y a maintenant il pour moi en français (and now it is there for me in french).  Though je aways seem a bit confused how un lion can be oncle à un renard (uncle to a fox), mais qui suis moi (but who am I) to question animaux de danse de chant (singing dancing animals).  This went a bit better than trying to watch "Up", my advice to you for watching a movie in foreign language for la première fois que (the first time) pick one you have had memorized since vous aviez cinq ans (you were five).  It will save you a lot of time of trying to understand the language and know what is going on in the plot.  Et écoute (And listening) to "Oo de Lally" in a french accent is pretty amusing.   Soon to see what other movies we have with french options.

Ended up watching "La Princesse et La Grenouille" later anyway, what can je dis, je suis (I say, I am) a sucker for a mains (hand) drawn princes movies.

Tonight's Picture:


Le café où j'écris mon blog.


Pervious Picture:

This kitchen will not make crossants.

No comments:

Post a Comment