Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Il Prend une Famille

(It takes a family)

Je appreciate all of les petites choses (the little things) ma famille font (my family are doing) pour m'aider á apprendre le français (to help me learn french).   Cet été ma belle-mére (this summer my mother-in-law) has emailed moi dans français (me in french). Elle also mailed moi français magazines that elle (she) picked up durring a petite layover in Paris.  C'est le premier (it is the first) magazine where j'amine (I like) the ads most of all.  Le sentences are short, so there is a better chance je can lu (read) et understand them.  Il y a (there are) way too many mots dans (words in) the articles pour que je comprenne. ( for me to understand).  Et (and) photo captions, j'aime (i love) photo captions, they are the adulte (adult) form of picture livres (books).   Ma belle-mére étudié français dans université (my mother-in-law studied french in college) so elle (she) has a starting point in aide de moi (helping me).

Je suis aidé ( I am helped) by mon non-speaking français famille as well.  Ma maman (my mom) got me a movie for a recent gift giving occasion and made sure elle (she) picked a DVD that also included a french audio version.  Je n'ai pas ( I have not) had a chance to watch it dans français ou anglais (in french or english) yet.  The lastest aide de ma famille (help from my family) came in the form of a pocket bible.  Le frére de ma mére, (my mother's brother) was going through a duexiéme main livre (second hand book) store and came across this pocket taille (size) français Nouveau Testament.

Side Note: Nope, je n sais pas (I don't know) "uncle" yet, which is funny since that is normally le duexiéme semaine de français un zéro un  (the second week of french 101) mais je suis (but I am) half way through the duexiéme level of Rosetta Stone and have not touched on extended famille yet.  Go figure.





It looks tres vieux (very old) because it is from 1950's. Mille neuf cent cinquante-deux (1952) to be exact.  This lead moi to regale la famille of my ability to translate tios mots á la fois (three words at a time) around la table de cuisine (the kitchen table).  Ils (they) were highly entertained, nothing like famille to humor tu (you).  

It is tres bon (very good) to know toi famille y a il (your family is there) to support tu. Je need to step up ma français to make use of all of these tools that je keep receiving.

Tonight's Picture:


Le lampe est fait des fleurs de papier et je veux.


Pervious:
The young bride rides the fake horse.  

Je meant "young" as "new" not young in age, in case anyone was wondering.

   



No comments:

Post a Comment